Back to API parent page
Search for active trips near a specific location.
- lat - The latitude coordinate of the search center
- lon - The longitude coordinate of the search center
- latSpan/lonSpan - Set the limits of the search bounding box
- includeTrips - Can be true/false to determine whether full <trip/> elements are included in the <references/> section. Defaults to false.
- includeSchedules - Can be true/false to determine whether full <schedule/> elements are included in the <tripDetails/> section. Defaults to false.
- time - by default, the method returns the status of the system right now. However, the system can also be queried at a specific time. This can be useful for testing. See timestamps for details on the format of the time parameter.
The response is a list of <tripDetails/> element that captures extended details about each active trip. Active trips are ones where the transit vehicle is currently located within the search radius. We use real-time arrival data to determine the position of transit vehicles when available, otherwise we determine the location of vehicles from the static schedule.